I get comfortable staying up late, anticipating that my school district will grant a two-hour delay or close schools. Then, nothing happens, and I am tired and cranky and not my best self. Tuesday was one of those days. I was all over the place. I must do better. I promise to go to bed by 1:00. That’s in eight minutes.
1. I have extra time to do work I didn’t get done over the weekend. Yesterday, I graded papers. Today, I will write lesson plans.
2. I tend to shop online. With what money, teacher lady? It’s almost Christmas, too. Yeah. This snow is really hitting me in my purse. I could exert some self-control… I could hardly write it.
3. I have time to paint my nails.
4. I can have hot chocolate with milk!
5. Right now, my AP juniors would be discussing their article about the legacy of Nelson Mandela. I miss that a little.
6. I don’t have to be in that heatless classroom. Yes, I made up “heatless.” My classroom has no heat.
7. I miss my students. They are a bright spot in my day on most days. I hope they’re all safe and warm.
8. XM’s Heart & Soul station is on constantly and I am JAMMING!
9. I wrote out and addressed Christmas cards yesterday. I will order postage stamps online today. (Productive, see?)
10. It’s just a nice mini-break before Christmas. I am appreciative.
I will post pictures later.